Subject: Re: Random Surface Points Macro
From: [email-masked] (Josh Whitehouse)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 94 09:31:02 EDT

Bryan,

Random Surface Points can take a while to process, depending
on how many polygons you have in the foreground layer.  What
is odd for me is that I will not end up with the number of
points selected in the requestor, but some number less.  For
instance, on model, asking for 500 points only gives me 66
(not enough for the work I wanted to do).  I jacked the number
up to 2000 and crashed Lightwave with a guru message (hello
Allen, are you listening?).  I finally managed to eke out 
approx 256 by requesting 1800 points.

Anyhow, give the machine a little time if you have a lot of polygons,
and good luck.

JOSH
[email-masked]

PS - You can also crash Lightwave buy attempting to load in
corrupt dxf files!

----- Begin Included Message -----

>From [email-masked] Thu Jun 23 22:58:21 1994
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked] (Bryan Blevins)
Subject: Random Surface Points Macro
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 17:20:21
Cc: [email-masked]
Sender: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Content-Length: 337
X-Lines: 12

Howdy all!

Has anyone else experienced a problem with the Random Surface Points (prick) 
marco in modeler? Sometimes it works, other times nothing! The cursor says 
busy then goes back to normal.

I've tried it with a completely vanilla toaster 3.1 system with only AmigaDOS 
2.1 and toaster 3.1 installed.

thanks

[email-masked]

----- End Included Message -----